Friday, December 30, 2005

American teen links heart to Iraqis through heartrending essay : HindustanTimes.com

American teen links heart to Iraqis through heartrending essay : HindustanTimes.com:

"Life is not about money, fame, or power. Life is about combating the forces of evil in the world, promoting justice, helping the misfortunate, and improving the welfare of our fellow man.

Progress requires that we commit ourselves to such goals. We are not here on Earth to hedonistically pleasure ourselves, but to serve each other and the creator. What deed is greater than sacrificing one's luxuries for the benefit of those less blessed? I know I can't do much. I know I can't stop all the carnage and save the innocent. But I also know I can't just sit here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home